Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Thirday of Christmas


Today is officially the Third Day of Christmas, as we like to use the Norwegian system of tracking this holiday season.  It’s way more fun to stretch out the festivities twelve days after the initial blast of Christmas Eve.  It keeps the “day after” blues away and provides a slower pace in which to bring in the New Year.  We’ve scheduled lots of get togethers and time with friends during this week, just like they do in Norway.  No one is ever busy AFTER Christmas here, so it makes it easier to get together, which is a plus.

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and First and Second Day of Christmas with friends.  I was maintaining my “no stress” gift to God for his present this year, right up until the bitter end.  We had two families up for a big dinner on Christmas Eve, Santa came for his usual visit just after dinner (see photo) and passed out gifts, and the kids had fun playing all evening while the adults visited.  After everyone left and Kaleb went to bed, I had a few bows to get on presents for Kaleb, and for some reason, I couldn’t find the Mario Cart Wii game I bought for him.  My stress level skyrocketed.  I was up until 2:30am tearing apart closets (which have yet to be restored), looking for that darn game.  I knew I had it at one point but when I was checking the gifts under the tree, I didn’t see it, so I panicked.  Kory went to bed without me as I continued my frantic search.  

I finally decided to put an IOU under the tree because that was one of his more expensive gifts and I knew he’d be disappointed if he didn’t it.  I went to bed but I didn’t sleep well, trying to figure out where that game could be.  As we started unwrapping gifts on Christmas morning, I was as surprised as Kaleb when he opened up that darn Wii game!  I’d already wrapped it!  Talk about forgetful!  Yikes. For some reason, I was thinking it was in a flat box, as thick as a DVD, so I couldn’t spot it, but it came with a steering wheel, so it was in a huge box and that’s apparently why I couldn’t find it! Ugh.  I was so glad he didn’t have to get an IOU, but then I was mad at myself for unraveling at the end of my month long stint of NO STRESS!  Sorry, God!

It’s a good thing I was in high spirits anyway because just before Christmas we found out Kory’s stents are working 100%.  Hallelujah for that!  The reason he is getting angina is because of a small, insignificant artery they can’t even stent if they wanted to, and with exercise, the angina will eventually just go away.  So Kory got the word that he is to exercise as much as he wants and he has no restrictions on anything.  He’s pretty excited about that news, as we all are celebrating his new lease on life.  Whew.  I’m still adjusting to the thought there is no by-pass in his immediately (or hopefully distant) future and we can make all the plans we want, so 2011 is looking good!  We know we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment