Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!


Well, all but one thing we had scheduled this past week had to be canceled.  Life throws us curve balls at times, especially when the flu is involved.  Kory got it first late Monday night.  He didn’t eat or get out of bed Tuesday. Wednesday we went to a friend’s for dinner, because he was feeling slightly better by then, but he laid low all week.  Kaleb came down with it Thursday afternoon and I got it late Thursday night, so both of us were in bed all day Friday.  It was so sad to cancel all our planned events, but we were in no shape to go anywhere or have anyone come over.  Kaleb had a few buddies here for a sleepover the night he got sick, and they just played without him – they didn’t want to go home – so Kory had to look after them.

My heart ached over not seeing friends here from out of state,  but my biggest concern was I was asked to speak at Sunday School and I not only needed to write my speech, but I had to be able to deliver it.  A few friends kicked in some prayers and I actually wrote it Saturday and delivered it yesterday.  It was well received, based on the feedback I got, so that was good.  I was pretty weak by Sunday from not eating anything for a few days, but after a good meal with our home fellowship group yesterday after church, I perked right up.  God is good!

The Christmas decorations probably won’t come down anytime soon and the housework has backed up, but I’m not going to start the year off frazzled.  I liked the NO STRESS part of Advent, so I’m going to carry that forward into the new year.  I haven’t made any resolutions, but I have a few things in mind I’d like to do.  One of them is start writing my autobiography, which I got a jump start on last week when I had nothing else to do.  It might have to be a series of books, as I have much to tell.  If I at least get the first one done this year, I’ll be satisfied.  Kaleb has been reading it over my shoulder as I write it and asks every day if I’ve written more.  He claims it’s well written, which is good, because he is my intended audience.  I’m hoping he’ll find ways to forgive me, once he’s walked a mile in my shoes.  

(The photo is a view from our deck this past week - the setting sun lit up the clouds in the foreground.)

No comments:

Post a Comment