Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year!

Oops – I wrote this last week and forgot to post it.



It’s been a whirlwind week with many “julbesøker” (Christmas visits). I have so LOVED that, as there is nothing worse than spending the holidays alone, if you ask me, but we’ve been blessed with someone at our house everyday since Christmas Eve! Kaleb had a few all day playdates with friends and my friend Paula from Colorado was here for 2 nights with her daughter – gotta love that. She was only out the door a few hours before my friend Dee and her husband came up for lunch and just stayed on for dinner and into the evening – we had a lot of catching up to do. The next day my step brother, Mike, came with his family up for a New Year’s Eve sleepover (see photo) so they were here two days and we couldn’t have enjoyed them more. And all the while, we’ve had a dog or two we’ve been dogsitting, so that’s kept the house hopping. The week just flew by and now I’m tired. I’m ready for a new year, new routines, new priorities.


My first priority is to purge! I’m finally taking the leap and cutting inventory, starting with my Christmas decorations. As I was putting them away today I kept out a couch full of stuff that will have to find a new home somewhere else. It’s so liberating. Then I need to purge a few pounds off my backside, too, but first things first.


For some reason it doesn’t feel like the new year until we hit Monday as weekends are not a good time to start up routines. Kaleb has already altered his routines by being so disobedient this week so he won’t be playing any of his new electronics for a while. He gets a little full of himself from time to time and I hate being the one that has to reel him in, but someone’s gotta do it. At least I have leverage by taking away his new “toys.” We’re in for an interesting ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment