Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another Roadtrip


We packed up this morning and hit the road again – this time south to the Oregon Coast. As we drove through Seattle, we stopped at the hospital again to pray for our friend JaRon. We’ll keep pestering God about her health until we see miraculous results because the Bible says we “have not because we ask not,” so we’ll keep asking.




It was 88 degrees when we left Seattle and by the time we got to the coast, it was only 62. The sun was shining, but man, what a climate change. We started out on I-5 but it was so crowded and so unpleasant, we decided to hop over to Highway 101 at Olympia after we stopped there for lunch. That drive was much more pleasant and not nearly as much traffic. I just love the coast. I drove the last stretch and Kory got a kick out of me taking photos while I was driving. Usually I just roll down the passenger side window and point and shoot while Kory is behind the wheel but but today I was driving so I held the camera out the sunroof to take photos. Nothing stops me from trying to capture a gorgeous moment on “film.” I call them “drive by shootings.” (See photo of Kory giving it a try.)



Our friends, Jan and Larry, are loaning us their travel trailer this week. They live just a few miles from Fort Stevens State Park, so Kory and Larry got everything hooked up and settled in before dinnertime. We set up the tent behind the camper and now we are calling this place home for the next several days.



Tobias called us tonight to let us know they made it to Coos Bay on schedule. He said they were all pretty cold as they had nothing but fog coming up the California coast. They did get to stop in the Redwoods and drive the van through the tree there, so that was a worthwhile novelty. We are meeting up with them tomorrow in Lincoln City so I hope the fog clears and they have a gorgeous drive up the coast.



We had dinner with our friends here in Oregon, then did a little tax free shopping at the local Costco and Home Depot before settling in for the night at the campsite. We have it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment