Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Answered Prayer


29 January 2013

I called upon my prayer warriors back home when I got sick yesterday and boy did they get to work!  I was much improved today, even if not 100%.  I have a very deep bronchial sounding cough and my energy level is far from normal, but the fact I’m vertical is a real miracle.  I’ve never gotten over anything this quickly.  I still stayed home and laid on the couch and watched movies all day on my laptop while Kory and Kaleb went to work, however.  The life of luxury. 

It was cold today – in the forties.  It snowed in Nogales so we were lucky to be spared that.  I so wanted to be out in the sunshine but I just had to enjoy it through the window as every time I got up, my body told me to sit down. 

Kaleb was outside most of the day but felt it was too cold, even with him working as hard as he was.  He went around and shook every tree he could find before he raked up the needles and leaves under them, so as not to be duped like he was yesterday with raking up things then having the wind bring more stuff down.  He hauled everything in a wheelbarrow to where they wanted it dumped and that kept him busy for several hours.  I was proud of him working on his own with no one watching over him as everyone in charge was gone from the camp today.  He just did what he saw needed to be done.  Two points for him.  Now he’s complaining about being chilled and no appetite, so I’m sure praying he doesn’t get sick, too.

Kory came home from a long hard day at “work” feeling rather frisky.  He was so impressed with his body – that he was able to do such hard manual labor all day and survive it.  I reminded him to wear his wrist braces so he doesn’t get another arthritic attack like he did in Norway last year, but he forgot.  Another matter for prayer.  He was also thrilled that so much Spanish is still in his head.  When he was in his 20s he lived in Paraguay for a year building a medical clinic for a Norwegian mission station down there.  He was the job boss so he learned a lot of construction words.  He had no trouble today on the jobsite speaking and understanding Spanish.  As opposed to me, who took three years of it in school and every time I want to speak it, just Norwegian comes out. 

I guessed right about the job he’s doing.  There is a big group coming next week just to put the roof on this dorm they are building.  They have to have everything done before the roofers arrive and according to Kory, there is no way they’d get it done by Friday if he wasn’t helping.  He feels pretty good about that.  I guess having him on the jobsite also picks up the pace a bit, too, because he’s a fast worker and some of the others aren’t.  He was nearly giddy after work, just excited to be so useful and strong at his age, so Hallelujah for that.

Bob is still in the hospital.  One of the women here that went up to meet with them said he has the flu and now Yvonne has it too, but it’s a kind they don’t have an antidote for.  It must be what got me as well as the symptoms sound the same.  Bob’s doctor is also a personal friend, though, so he’s not releasing him because he knows he will just go right to work when he gets back here and he wants him to rest.  They may not be back before Friday, which would be so ironic that I came here to work with Yvonne, and now she’s been gone all week!  Best laid plans…

Fortunately there were leftovers in the fridge for Kory as I don’t think I could have made dinner tonight, but tomorrow is a new day and hopefully if I get a good night’s sleep, it will feel like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment