Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lazy Day


19 Jan 2013

Kory and Kaleb were up early and on the road to Eastman Lake Recreation Area by Sequoia National Park for their big father/son talk.  Chris left about noon as he had to wait around for his salmon to finish smoking.  I think he’s going to try to slip some to Kory behind my back.

Dani and I will be joining them tomorrow morning for a few days of camping up there since Dani has Monday off due to the holiday.   I have no idea how their day went as they are out of phone range, but I was able to text Chris tonight so I know that Kory and Kaleb made it back ok.  They were much later than expected though as they went gold panning and out to dinner and Kory relied on the GPS to get them back to the campground.  It took them down a long road that ended up being closed so they had to turn around and find another way back.  They didn’t get back until nearly 9:30, so I was a bit stressed sitting at Dani’s house, not able to contact them by phone and knowing they weren’t back yet.  They were in unfamiliar territory, out in the boonies and it was dark.  Kory was also borrowing Chris’ truck with the “check engine” light burning bright (he hasn’t had time to get that checked out!) so it all spelled potential disaster to me, but God had His hand upon them and got them back safely.  Whew! 

Dani and I went shopping today for some furniture and a lamp for her “new” guest room.  She finally kicked out her 27-year-old youngest son, who has been living at home for free all this time.  He’s been stashing money away to buy a house, but still too cheap to part with it so she felt she needed to give him some encouragement by charging him rent.  That did it - he was out the door in no time.  She’s now reclaiming his bedroom and turning it into a beautiful space.  We had to find a side table and lamp to go with the bedcover.  We must have gone to at least a dozen stores before we found the perfect fit.  The day was sunny and warm and we had lunch at a Mexican place while we were out and about.

I laid out in the grass when I got home, just to feel the sunshine on my skin.  It was such a lovely day.  Dani and I both took a little nap just because we could, and the house was so quiet.

The only bad thing that happened today was that the tabs for our RV didn’t come in the mail.  This means we have to stay on an extra day and a half waiting for the mail to come on Tuesday.  I don’t mind having the extra time here, but I sure hope the tabs come then.

Tomorrow I’ll be out of internet range so it will be a black out for me and electronics and no blog posting for two days.  That’s the modern day version of “roughing it.”


No comments:

Post a Comment