Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Pretty Fun Day


19 Feb 2013

Ok, here’s the deal.  I didn’t cough one time in the night, except when I woke up at 5am in shock that I hadn’t coughed.  I took a deep breath, just to check things out, and then I coughed, but it sounded much better.  I also felt much better. 

I had all intentions of getting an x-ray this morning while the boys were at Universal, but I stopped and got gas, went to Walmart to do a little shopping and realized my energy level was back.  I wasn’t breathless, I didn’t have to sit down, my head didn’t hurt.  I was rushing about like I usually do.  It was heaven.  Yes, I’ve coughed a bit today but the wheezing and rattling sound is much improved.  I’m far from perfect, but I gotta say, it can only be prayer.  I’ve been pumping up on herbs and vitamins and drinking lots of liquids, which I’m sure haven’t hurt, but only prayer could move along something like this so quickly, as everything I read said that it would take WEEKS to recover, not just one day.  Hallelujah!

Kory and Kaleb bounced from park to park to park today.  Universal and Islands of Adventure are right next to each other but Wet n Wild, the waterpark, is at least a mile away.  Kaleb finally got to go there because it was in the 80s today so they walked over to the other parks when I wasn’t free to pick them up in the RV because I spent the afternoon with my friend Elaine, her mom and daughter.  It was heaven.

We ate lunch out, and I had an appetite, once again.  Then she gave me a back lot tour of Disneyworld, since she’s really not far from there.  Her daughter is getting married next year at their wedding chapel, so she drove me there to show me the place, next to the classic Grand Floridian Hotel (above) run by Disney.  We got out and walked around the lobby of the hotel – pretty fancy place! (below)


It was so fun to see the back lot and watch the employees (in costume) get in their cars and drive away.  I think their support area is bigger than the park itself, as they have their own water plant, a huge electricity processing plant and all kinds of warehouses where they make the stuff that makes Disney so special. 

After all the Disney fun, we went back to Elaine’s house where she had an inspired moment to clean out her closet of all her clothes that no longer fit her.  She has expensive taste in clothes so there’s no way I would have ever bought anything she owns, but I was certainly happy to be the next owner of it all.  My goodness, I now have more clothes than I know what to do with – and a gorgeous wool coat to boot.  Finding a place to put them in the RV was my only challenge, but I’ll be happy to make room for them all at home when I get there.  Dresses, skirts and lots of tops!  Even a cool Bahama looking hat, which I’ll be sporting on the airplane tomorrow.  Woo hoo.  She also off-loaded a few of her household decorations.  She has so much stuff she has no where to put it all because she likes to shop, and shop she does.  She was so funny saying, “If you see anything you like, just let me know…” That’s what Kory says to people when they come to our house, but he’s just joking.  It got a few things she insisted I take home to friends with chickens, as she has so much chicken themed stuff.  I guess it made her feel good to start purging a bit.  Wish I had room for more!

So it was a fun day for me and tonight I waited a few hours outside Universal for Kory and Kaleb to be done, as they went til the bitter end to see the fireworks and light show.  It gave me time to pack my stuff for the trip tomorrow and clean up a bit.

Kaleb came home all jabbering again about all the shows he saw and was more than exhausted than any other day because he put himself to bed by 9pm.  Kory enjoyed hanging out with him without me around so the two of them did better without me than with me.  Glad I had a good day, too.

We have no RV reservations for tonight again so we’re going to head back to that same friendly hotel we were at three nights ago.  Life is just one big adventure and I’m sure glad we are all healthy enough to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment