Tuesday, February 19, 2013

DAY OF REST!


18 Feb 2013



I was at least obedient to “doctor’s orders” to rest and drink plenty of liquids today.  Life was tough, sitting at the edge of the pool sucking up more Vitamin D than I probably needed.  I’m red enough to prove it, but it sure felt good. I hardly coughed all day.  Then around 2:30 I went back to the RV and could hardly STOP coughing.  Don’t know what that’s all about, but it exhausted me.  I guess the sunshine and fresh air works better on my lungs.

The resort where we are staying was selected for Kaleb’s enjoyment, as they have several game rooms, mini golf and a nice pool, but it seems I’m the one that benefitted from splurging on this place.  It wasn’t a bad thing to hang out here.  It beats a Walmart parking lot, that’s for sure and I loved eavesdropping on pool conversations.  One guy was spouting so many things about corporate America’s ties to government and “it’s all about the money,” I actually thought it was me talking.  Especially when he started in on the drug companies… which is really the bottom line on why I haven’t gone to the doctor.  I hate to support that industry and even if they gave me a prescription for something, I wouldn’t fill it.  I prefer the drugs God put in nature and that’s why I just have catastrophic insurance.  I have yet to feel my condition is catastrophic.

There was one girl in the pool about four years old that was Miss Bossy Pants if there ever was one.   She was self-entertaining when alone, and kept talking to herself in the third person like “And now, we are going to lift our legs up on the edge, three times,” and then she would do it.  She sang to herself and bossed herself around pretty good.  There was a pool noodle floating near her she showed no interest in until another little girl got in the pool and grabbed it.  She then said, “I’m the little girl in the pool who wanted to play with that, but then you took it.”  I could see a fight brewing so I just went and got another one.  She was too funny and kept me poolside longer than I expected, but then incoming clouds made it a bit too chilly (today and yesterday were the coldest days on record here, I think), so I went back to the RV, leaving behind the sky writers who wrote several messages above my head telling all how much God loves them.  Nice touch.

Kory and Kaleb were up early to catch the shuttle to Universal.  I was so thankful I didn’t have to drive them.  Tomorrow I will, since we check out then, but I’m sure I’ll be better after all the vitamins and supplements I’ve been taking today, not to mention the number of people praying for me.  I already feel more energetic, which convinces me all the more that it’s just bronchitis, but there’s a good chance I’ll go get an x-ray in the morning just to appease a few people that love me.  I have other things I’d rather spend the money on, however.

Kaleb came home tonight all abuzz about his day.  He was very expressive when talking about the “Fear Factor” show, in which he participated.  I’m glad Kory got some of it on video.  Kaleb tends to go for the roller coaster rides the most, so he spent the bulk of the day repeating the biggest one there.  I sure wasted the $55 express pass on him today, too, since he didn’t even go on many of the other rides.  Oh well, at least he had a good time.

I made a quick and easy sweet potato/kale soup for dinner since all I was doing was coughing if I laid down. I needed something healthy to eat and my friend Elaine told me I must eat soup.  I happened to have all the ingredients and it was super simple to make and boy did it taste good.  We all sat at the table and ate together after the boys came home.  I haven’t had an appetite for days, so this is another reason why I think I’m better.  The exhale rattle is still there, however, so I guess that’s my biggest concern.  That is of course, if I don’t count the coughs that are so hard they make me pee my pants. 


No comments:

Post a Comment